Friday, August 24, 2012

when traveling

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words, but how about a picture can create a thousand words. Tonight as I was driving to the airport, the sky flashed rose and gold. Having my architectural supplies in the seat next to me, including my camera, I captured the part of Colorado that I love. I boarded the bus that would take me to my gate and decided to keep snapping pictures despite all the people and luggage around me. When I was getting off the bus, the driver asked me, "Would you like a picture of me?" He caught me off guard with him South African accent, but why not??? If I had met this man on the street, things would probably be different. We might not even have been able to converse in the same language, but today a picture could surpass language.
To the bus driver with personality.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment