Sunday, July 22, 2012

for the love of letters


Dear Reader,

     How have you been? I haven’t heard from you in a while. I woke up this morning to the sun slanting through the slats of my blinds onto the walls I painted a soft green. There were little flecks of light from all the tiny mirrors in my room. It was peaceful. See how easily I can talk about nothing? Haha. I hope by writing to you I can bring a little sparkle to your life, or at least sometimes hit on a truth, you know those things that they told us we would discover in high school by reading books like the Great Gatsby or To Kill a Mockingbird. By no means am I going to write the next great American novel or even the next great British novel, believe me I’ve tried. At a hundred pages or so it seems impossible to make the plot move anywhere besides Ridiculous Land! But when something strikes me, I want to share it with you. Hopefully I’m not in Ridiculously Boring Land yet, right? So after I got up this morning and left my peaceful green room, I watched WongFu (Yes, it’s another Asian film group. What can I say?) speak at UCSD’s graduation, and Wes said, “Do not just make a living, but live to make something.” So if I could make just one thing as my life’s work what would I make? I’d like to make a dream machine that gave people the tools to reach that thing that makes them tick whatever that is. By entering they could know that they can be brilliant, that they can do great things.  Sounds like a strong foundation to me! Such a machine may only ever exist in the mind’s eye. It’s quite a fantasy, right? But now it’s now just in my mind it’s in yours too. Be inspired! Wear that crazy pair of shoes, or interview for that job that’s way out of your league, and tell me what happened! What’s your dream machine?

I LOVE this movie :)

You don't think 5" is crazy?
Then the $13 sale when I bought
these was :)
I'm still waiting to see someone wearing these !



From Not-So-Ridiculous-Land,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment